Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas Fever and it's not even Thanksgiving…

Hark the Herald Angels- wait it's not even past Thanksgiving!

I am not going to lie, but I am already listening to Christmas music. I know it's bad since Thanksgiving hasn't passed yet, but it's so addicting. Right now, I am still at the dorm waiting to go home for Thanksgiving next week, but I am so excited for Christmas. I can't wait to listen to music and Christmas movies when my mom and I decorate the Christmas tree while MudLynn sleeps in front of our fireplace.
Here are some reason why I am excited.
#1: I Decorated my Dorm
My mom gave me some wrapping paper, snowflakes, tinsel garland, little ornaments and a wall hanging to decorate my dorm room and door. I have received comments on how pretty my door is from some of the RAs that are on duty at night.
#2: Christmas Music
I listen to a lot of different artists around Christmas. Right now, it's Pentatonix who are an amazing acapella group. I highly recommend that you check them out on YouTube or on iTunes. You will be blown away with the astounding talent that they have. The one song that will blow your mind is Little Drummer Boy; definitely check that one out.
#4: Starbucks
To be brutally honest, I love Christmas at Starbucks only for their holiday cups. I will try the Peppermint Mocha soon though. It's sounds really delicious. But the stores come out with the new mugs, thermoses and ornaments for Christmas! They also have adorable gift card envelopes in the shape of a small holiday cup. It's just adorable.
#5: WRAPPING PAPER
I am a huge weirdo, but I love wrapping paper. There are just so many different colors, patterns and styles of wrapping paper. This year, I believe we are going in a red and gold color hue for wrapping paper; my favorite Christmas colors.


My mom is already out shopping around. When it hit December 1st, my mom brings out Edward, our Elf on the Shelf. She puts him in a different area of the house each day for me to find and she uses Pinterest for ideas! Pinterest is so evil yet awesome. It's a lot of fun for me because I go all over the house looking for him, sometimes I don't see him. She just bought Edward his little sweater (bottom right) since it looked very Norwegian like Poulsbo. I want to get Edward his Elf Pet Reindeer, it is so cute! Did I also mention that I have an Elf on the Shelf tumblr? I DO!

Do you have a mischievous elf in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...