Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Study Tips

Since finals are coming up, I decided to share some of my study tips.

#1. Make Notecards
I do this a lot and it really helps me. I did it for History and now I do it for Art History. I highly encourage you to try this because it will truly benefit your grade on your next exam. It benefits me greatly on my Art History quizzes which are every Monday this quarter.

#2. Study with Others from your Class
This is something I am going to take advantage for my Indian History class, but I already use this for my other three classes. This is a great thing to do. You and your group members can discuss certain topics you're having trouble with or you can quiz each other on pieces of art. 

#3. Take Hardcore Notes
Notes are so important in university. They are the basis of your studying and exam prep. When I am reviewing a power point my Journalism professor posts on Canvas, I pause it every few minutes to write down certain points so that I may be able to study them during a break between classes or during lunch.

#4. Stay on Top of the Syllabus
Staying on top of the syllabus proves you are a hardworking and hardcore student and plus, you won't forget what work you need to do and you won't be confused on what reading your professor is talking about. Plus, you can also get ahead on readings and any videos you have on the syllabus.

#5. Take 5 Minute Breaks from your Computer Screen
Looking at your computer screen for 4 hours straight will really hurt your eyes and possibly give you a headache. I know the feeling, and promise me to try to avoid a headache before finals. Just close your eyes for ten minutes to rest them from the stress of gazing at a screen for so long. Or you can get a eye mask like the ones they give you on the airplane and put it over your eyes to immerse yourself in darkness.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...