Tuesday, November 4, 2014

University Tip : Meet with Your Counselor

Meet with Your Counselor

Meeting with your counselor is extremely important as it is to meet with your professor. This is based off of my experience since I have met with my counselor. 
  • For one thing, they get to know you and your goals. When a counselor knows what your goals are, they also know how to help you reach them by throwing things like clubs and maybe possible internships in the future.
  • Also, they are there for any questions you may have. These could be questions about extra help/tutoring, questions on who to talk to on your major's track and what classes to take, and also who they could put you in contact with for things like questions on your major, about a club or sport.
  • Today, my counselor helped figure how many more classes to take, how many quarters it'll take to finish my major and minor as well as when I can register for my classes.
  • They can also pull up the major you are taking and tell you what classes you have to take.
  • By having them talk to you about your academics, it helps them and you to think of ways to make you grades better.
Your counselor is there for you anytime you need their help. Go talk to them, you might even like their company. They just want to know how your classes are going, what you expect your grades to be and how you can make them the grades you want. It never hurts to go talk to your counselor. A lot of things can be solved by them. 

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...