Sunday, February 22, 2015

Adoption Tale... Not Really

Sleeping in his plant
My roommate Johanna and I are pleased to announce that she and I have a baby (fish) together! His name is Sammy Babe Smith and he is a Veiltail Beta Fish (Siamese Fighting Fish).


Johanna and I were just casually walking home after studying at Starbucks and having AB Crepes for lunch and decided to go look in the pet store at fish. We were just casually looking at Betas and we looked at each other and our minds were thinking the same thing. Let's get a Beta fish.


We then talked to a lady in the store, got the tank, thermometer, food, and water conditioner and we headed back to the dorm with our new baby.


We both love the blue and purple coloring of Sammy.


He loves the thermometer. He likes to sleep in front of it.

Wonder what Mom will say.... Tehe!

3 comments:

  1. It could have been worse - it could have been a large slobbery dog! Those are pretty fish and they do have personalities, believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a dog! Haha, but I love watching him swim in his bowl. He sits above my desk so when I get frazzled on a problem I'm working on, I just look up at him and instantly relax.

      Delete

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...