Thursday, February 12, 2015

Regionals Prep

Count down to Regionals is now 16 days. Ahhh! That is a little over two weeks! I am getting nervous but confident at the same time. I have decided to do a few things in my daily routines to make myself stronger and less stressed about Regionals.

#1: Rider Fitness Workouts &/or Gym
I need to start going to the gym again or at least do my rider fitness in my dorm room. My legs have been slowly getting stronger but they need to be even stronger especially when sitting at the canter. My core also needs some work. I could feel it yesterday contracting and it felt so strong. I went to the gym yesterday and I feel awesome! I did the stair climber, ran, and lots of core work.

My rider fitness consists of 60-80 crunches, 80 squats and a 60 second plank. My goal is to mark my calendar with a star so that I know I did my workout. Also, the star will be a way to motivate me to do the workout.

#2: Get Homework Done before Practices
This is a huge must right now. Being at shows on weekends when I had a lot of homework made me realize that taking homework to horse shows was not the smartest because I was always doing something whether it was getting dressed, watching warm-up, or helping my other teammates get ready for their classes. I have now been starting to get my homework done the minute I get back to the dorm.

#3: Meditation or Yoga
I need to start doing this in order to let my mind let go of what is going on around me. My roommate does meditation a bit so I may ask if I can join her. I may just try to do yoga on my own before I go to bed so that I am more relaxed by the time I go to sleep.

#4: Extra Practices

I had an extra practice this week with Kim. We worked a lot on my core and transitions as well as my leg. I rode Oasis, which really benefits me in the long run. 


 The horses my trainer Kim suggested I should ride were Ruger, Rebel and Oasis. I enjoy riding all the horses but I do want to ride the ones that throw my body off so that I am able to fix it. I want to ride horses that will make me better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...