Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fitness Revolution


Hello! I just felt like typing what I did at the gym cause it keeps me motivated. I did so much today and yesterday. 

Yesterday I went with my roommate Jo after bio since we had a bio test and it was a way for us to release tension. We worked on arms, abs, and thighs. For arms we did weights. The weight exercises we did were the one arm dumbbell row on each arm and one arm overhead shoulder press. Let me tell you, my arms are starting to slowly tone up. For thighs, we did squats on a Balance Bubble, I did them we a weight but Jo was stilling getting used to the Balance Bubble. We also did some squat jumps. For abs, we did leg kicks where one of use is stabilized by holding onto another person's ankle and their legs are pushed back and forth. We also did Russian twists, crunches and ankle touches. After all that, we stretched and went back to the dorm.

Today, it was just me that went to the gym, no gym buddy. For cardio, I went on the bike for 10 minutes and ran one lap around the track. My second lap around the track included runs on the long sides and lunges on the short sides. For arms I did the one arm dumbbell row on each arm, one arm overhead shoulder press on each arm, hammer curls, and chest presses. For legs, I did weighted calf raises, lunges, and squats. For abs, I did crunches, bicycle crunches, and opposite elbow to opposite knee crunches but I also did some wall sits. Then I did some yoga stretches to cool off.

I am definitely trying my hardest to motivate myself to go to the gym more often since I don't want to gain the Freshman 15 and to also strengthen my muscles for riding. If I get a job after some of the interviews I am going to, I think I will reward myself with a piece of workout gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...