Sunday, August 16, 2015

Henna Loving

I am absolutely in love with henna. This is the third time I have gotten it done and I love it so much. I can't stop looking at my hands.

This is the pattern of my new bedding in my apartment.
Henna was and is used to adorn a young woman's body as luck and joy and beauty. It is mainly seen on the hands and feet of the brides in India. It has many different origins and purposes around the world, however I've only seen it in Bollywood films and music videos as well as in the news.
I can't wait to read my book on the culture of India. India is by far one of the places I really want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...