Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Five Ways on How I Will Save Money in the Apartment

1. Turn off lights/keep them off.
Since I have moved into my apartment, I rarely use the electricity even though I pay for it. I only turn lights on at night when I am cleaning up the kitchen after cooking, doing my nightly beauty routine in the bathroom or changing into pajamas in my walk-in closet. Other than that, I pretty much use the daylight to light the entire apartment, which means I keep the blinds up making sure my apartment is clean if anyone looks in.

2. Putting on a sweatshirt instead of turning on the heat.
It's only September, but yes it is slowly starting to get cold. Instead of spending money to turn the heat on, I just put a sweat shirt on. I will turn on the heat when I can't stand the cold or when my roommate can't stand it.

3. Have an envelope designated just for the grocery shopping.
This makes grocery shopping so much easier because it makes you only use the money in the envelope so that you don't go over the budgeted money in the envelope. 

4. Crock Pot meals are the best.
These are super easy and often the least expensive. All you do is put in together, plug it in, and it cooks all day long. I make all sorts of crock pot meals; chicken in the red sauce, beef caldereta, and ham and green beans. The meal in this crockpot from tonight is Ham and Green Beans.

5. Why have fancy cable when there's Netflix and movies!
I have tons of movies in my apartment and there are loads of movies and shows that I haven't seen. Sure, I'll miss the new episodes of shows I watch, but they'll be on dvd and Netflix later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...