Sunday, November 8, 2015

First Show of the Season!!!


We started the year off with a bang! The first show for the WWU Equestrian Team was the Linn Benton Community College horse show in Oregon this weekend. We did so well individually and as a team. I was extremely proud of myself when I won 1st place in my class out of 8 riders. Ironically, my horse's name was Karma and he was an Arabian. Let's just say I want an Arabian now. Hah!


Now it is time to start preparing for the shows next quarter! I won't ride every day of the week until then, maybe 2-3 times a week. Once it is the week of the show, then it will be every day of the week. I want to thank my two coaches, Kim and Suzie for helping me prepare for this show. Hard work really does pay off. I also want to thank Karma's owner for letting me have the pleasure of riding him in my class, he was a dream. 


The president of the team, Emily and I were the two blues on the team. Overall, with the other riders who placed, we basically had a rainbow of colors. However, we did place in nearly every class we had a rider in.


Let's work hard and do amazing next quarter!

1 comment:

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...