Friday, December 18, 2015

Update on MudLynn's Life as a College Dog


Mud has been doing great as college dog. She tends to nearly go everywhere with me, except to class. I wish she could go to class with me.

I do sometimes find it hard to balance life and her. I have lessons, which keep me out of the house for around 3 hours; shows, which pull me away for an entire weekend; and classes, which sometimes keep me out all day.

However, there are perks to having her with me. I take her to a lot of the riding team meetings where she gets tons of love from my teammates who live in the dorms or in apartments that don't allow pets. She does go to some sporting events such as the WWU Hockey games when the team plays at home. She used to go to work with me when I worked at the barn I ride at, so she used to have a lot of outdoor time. I can't wait till she has her new bandana that Dad is going to make!

The only hard part of having her at the apartment during college is the issue of the vet. She has a bump on her back, which will be seen by the vet soon. The problem is that I am at school or riding most of the time and don't have time to watch her after a surgery or miss school to rush her to the vet.

I talked about this with Mom tonight and she may be going to Virginia with her. Part of me wants to let her go with Mom and Dad and then part of me wants her to stay. She's getting old and I don't want to be on the opposite side of the States if I get a phone call from Mom saying "We should take away her pain." It's hard to think on what I should do in MudLynn's case.

We'll see where my life is at close to this time next year then we will make the one hard decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...