Sunday, April 24, 2016

Camping in the Wilderness

Well, since I didn't work today, Kaveh, the dogs and I went camping near Baker over night. Before we went to the sight, we explored some other paths that his friend told him about. And let me tell you, the view was amazing.

Got Mud in the shot, although I wish I got Bruno (Kaveh's dog) in the shot as well. But overall, the dogs get along very nicely.


I mean, do you see how beautiful the clouds look in the view?! It makes you realize that you're oh so small when compared to a mountain or a view like this one.

Mud enjoyed the trip, up until the point when she was wet from all the rain, so that was when we put her in the Jeep to sleep.





We then made it to our spot, which was really nice. It was right next to a little kinda waterfall, plus there was already a nice supply of wood for the fire. We put up the tent in case we did decide to sleep in the tent, but then it ended up being really cold and wet, so we slept in the Jeep with the dogs, which was surprisingly comfortable. I loved listening to the rain fall onto the Jeep.



The fire was wonderful. It kept us both really warm while we sat outside (when the rain stopped) and just talked about life and everything.

I loved watching the flames just flicker against the wood and seeing the embers glow in the dark.










Again, Bruno was running around outside as we loaded up the Jeep to head back home. Overall, it was a great first ACTUAL camping trip. I liked being out in nature and feeling how small I really was compared to the trees and mountains. But then again, camping has some benefits, it really makes you appreciate how blessed you are with the things you have waiting at home. I was so happy to come home, lay in my comfy bed, and take a nice hot shower. 



I look forward to more adventures and camping trips in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...