Monday, May 16, 2016

Spending Saturday at St. Albans

Not a day goes by where I feel the urge to get back to camp when I really only have about a month until I am back at my camp home. Today, I was able to volunteer for the day and work with Arrow and some Girl Scouts who sold so many cookies that they were able to get a horse day at St. Albans.

Chester
I left for camp really early in the morning so that I could go eat breakfast with Arrow and FOSA (Friends of St. Albans). After we ate a delicious breakfast, Arrow and I headed back to Horse Haven to tack up and hit the trails.

Hickory
We have some new camp ponies with us! We adopted 4 new horses- Leo, Jay Hawk, Xena, and Duckie. All wonderful additions, I wonder how many girls will fall in love with Leo?


Leo is actually the son of the famous Novelisto D, who is an animal star who played the horse in A Winter's Tale. We basically have a movie star living at St. Albans. Leo is probably our youngest horse along with Joey since Leo is 6 years old.


Jay Hawk is our second Thoroughbred in the herd next to Joey. He is an absolute love bug and loves attention. Jay Hawk and Leo in my opinion, the top two out of all the boys. Out of all the boys, Chester is Jay Hawk's best bud. Although, Jay Hawk loves to share his hay with Duckie. 


Ah little Duckie, she is one of our seniors but she still loves to work. Duckie does have Cushings but a good shave can help with the hot summer to come. Arrow was in the midst of shaving her, and ran out of time, so she has some furry pants on her hind legs.


Xena is our new Arabian mare. Formally a children's pony and show pony, she has come to us to bring joy to the girls this summer. She is still finding her place in the herd, but she fits in beautifully with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...