Thursday, September 22, 2016

Me Before You Book and Film Review

SPOILER: They fall in love!!! | "Me Before You" Is The Movie That's Going Emotionally Wreck You:


Me Before You was probably my favorite book for August. I read it over the summer while I worked at camp reading a chapter here and a chapter there. I loved the story line but I wasn't happy with the ending. In my opinion, it was a more realistic ending but I would have been happy if Lou and Will ended up happily ever after or if he died of another bout of pneumonia. I mean, overall I loved the book, it had a great rise and fall to the plot with some interesting twists in it as well.

Overall, it was the very first book that made me cry at the ending. It was heartbreaking when they were laying in bed together for the last time, not saying goodbye, but see you later. I loved Will's character at the end because he gave Lou so much in order for her to live her life in exchange for the time they spent together on those adventures. Lou is awesome because she has no fear of what people think when it comes to her wardrobe. She is fearless when it comes to her outfits and her shoes. I personally love her shoes, they are eccentric! She is just very quirky and I love it!

I admire Louisa's character because she is so positive about everything. She's hardworking at her job and will go far and beyond for something she sets her mind on.

I do love how in the film they kept everything true and (in the words of a fan) correct. All the major parts were in it and the characters were just as how I imagined them in the book. The cast truly brought them all to life.

Me before you. -- Take no one in your life for granted and delight in the moments you spend together. – Brooke Ellison:
Photo Credit
The love that these two characters shared was a sweet love, more so a love that had a physical limit which made Will push Louisa to live her life to the fullest because he was never able to live it fully. He more so lived it through Louisa's eyes when they went on that tropical vacation. 

I've watched this film multiple times and I still cry at the ending. It literally kills me that he is leaving this beautiful and caring woman behind. 

The cast of the film was superb with actors from Game of Throne, The White Queen, Downton Abbey, Hunger Games, and Harry Potter. Stellar actors with amazing talent. Overall, I advise you to read the book and watch the movie, I enjoyed both very much and think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...