Friday, October 21, 2016

Getting Ready for the Show: What I Pack


Ever wonder what equestrians take with them to college horse shows? Well, I am going to share with you some of the essentials that I pack for shows. So for every show, I take with me about 5 items of luggage. It's not really luggage but it still kinda is. I take my boot bag, garment bag, yoga/gym bag, backpack and camera case.

My boot bag obviously holds my tall boots, which are wiped clean after every lesson with a damp cloth and then polished with boot polish the day before a show. Along with my boot bag, there is my garment bag which holds my show shirt and show coat, which are dry cleaned after every show weekend. I also have a helmet bag, but that fits nicely in my gym bag and it also matches the garment and boot bags. The bags are all from Dover Saddlery and are embroidered with my initials.

I always take my backpack with me. I keep it with me in the van/suv  that the teams rent when we drive to a show. My backpack is pretty much filled with things to keep me busy on the long drives/hotel stays. It usually holds a textbook, my Mac, movies (if there is a dvd player in the rentals), snacks, water bottle, wallet/check book and chargers.

My gym/yoga bag holds my clothes for the weekend and my toiletries. And then lastly, I have my camera. I started taking show pictures last year when I got my new camera and I am getting better at my photography.

Hope you enjoyed reading about what I take to horse shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...