Monday, October 24, 2016

Post-WSU Show

What a weekend. That's a little of what I have to say, haha! It was a long but fun weekend.


It was the first show of the season so we were up against other teams. We looked at the show as having fun whether or not we placed in our classes. Next quarter, we will have an entire quarter's worth of lessons under our belts instead of two weeks.

WSU put on an awesome show. The judges were wonderful, the horses adorable (we wanted to take home at least 10 of the horses), and some pretty neat raffle baskets. The horse I rode in my class was amazing. I wish I had a photo of him, but he was an 18.1 hand paint Oldenburg gelding named Marty. I was in love when I heard I was riding him.

Our team did wonderfully in my eyes as the assistant hunt seat coat. Since it was the first show being the hunt seat assistant coach, I was a bit stressed out. I had to make sure my riders were checked in, at the gate waiting to mount, but also I was always at the gate coaching from the rail. Although it was a little stressful for me, I overcame and had a great first day. The next shows will be easier for me since I now know what to expect. 

Overall, the show was fun. But I am glad to be home with Mud back in my routine of homework, school, riding, and hang out time. I basically have a horse show hangover (exhaustion for the most part).

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...