Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday Adventure

Saturday was our day to spend time with Annie and Michael. Kaveh decided that we should all go to Winchester and hike up to the cabin and then hike back down. So that is what we did on our gloomy Saturday.


It was beautiful.  All the snow made me wish that I could skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. Although, with all the snow, the trail was covered. We got about maybe halfway up when we concluded that we shouldn't try to go any farther. Instead, we hiked around the area we were in.



MudLynn thoroughly enjoyed the outing. She was dashing here and there when I let her off her leash for a bit. She really missed all the snow since she grew up with it in Rhode Island and Virginia.

She was making us all giggle and laugh because of how much energy she had. If you saw her run around, you wouldn't believe that she was 12 years old. I still can't believe it sometimes.

I am definitely going to try and invest in some winter booties for her and a winterized jacket by Ruffwear at REI. They'll come in handy since I like taking her on outings. Plus, it gets pretty cold in Bellingham in the winter.


We then came home and went to the store to get some food for dinner. I made us all fish and chips with mushy peas and everyone loved it. The fish came out well, but not the way it does when Mom cooks it. I need to work on making fish and chips more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Queen and the Weekly Reads

Lately, I've been a bit more selfish about things that I like to do. For example, reading and DIY. DIY is things are so fun to do. I h...